- Completed online application form in the English language
- Select payment option (don't worry, we can pay for you in some circumstances)
- Description of the work (artistic aim – annotation) – (max.150 words) *
- Photo of the applicant **
- Digital image(s) of the work - (the minimum image size is 300 DPI) **
- Up to three pieces of digital images or color slides need to be submitted. Make sure that each one shows the work from different angles or in detail so that the jurors will be, during the preliminary assessment, able to understand the artwork precisely.
- Work may not be withdrawn since it has been selected.
FILLED ONLINE APPLICATION, PHOTOS OF THE ARTWORK, CV, AND ANNOTATION OF THE ARTWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED NOT LATER THAN SUNDAY, JULY 31TH, 2022, AT MIDNIGHT (CET)!!!
- The object will be judged based on concept and execution.
- The preliminary assessments will be based on sent digital images.
- The final assessment will be based on actual works. The jury's selection is final.
- The jury will not provide feedback on the non-selected entry.
- The jury can reject submitted works for presentation if these do not tally with the selected digital images.
- PGCG can exclude artists that do not meet the conditions before, during, or after the judging.
- The nominees for Stanislav Libenský Award 2022 will be published on libenskyaward.org in the middle of August 2022 and will also be contacted by email. The non-selected applicants will be notified by email as well.
- The nominees will receive a License Agreement (in other words, a Borrowing Contract).
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES APPLY ONLY TO NOMINEES SELECTED IN THE PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT.
However, please read them carefully to understand the entire process of the exhibition.
- The candidates are fully responsible for the professional packing of the object, the organization, payment of the transport, and the eventual insurance of the shipment, there and back. Damaged things will not be included in the exhibition.
- PGCG shall bear no liabilities for loss or damages to the works during the transportation.
- The shipment must be sent to:
- Consignee: Pražská galerie českého skla (Prague Gallery), Petrohradská 216/3, Praha 10, 101 00, Czech Republic
- Delivery address: Pražská galerie českého skla (Prague Gallery), Petrohradská 216/3, Praha 10, 101 00, Czech Republic, tel.: +420 272 101 121, Jana Taussigova, [email protected]
- The works must arrive between September 16th and September 22th, 2022, by the shipping agent or by a person at the installation time; see below.
- The packing should be suitable for the return shipment. It must be marked with the name of the applicant and the title of the object.
- For transportation from outside the E.U., apply different rules – before sending, please, contact us individually. PGCG will neither cover customs duties nor other fees concerning international transport (but sometimes it is free of charge).
- If the participant (from abroad) is planning to install their workpiece personally and s/he will come to Prague – the installation time will be September 24th, and September 25th, 2022 - 9 AM - 5 PM. It is optional, but we recommend you be present during the installation.
- All object-specific necessities for placing the object must be included in the shipment, accompanied by clearly written instructions and visual material for unpacking, repacking, and putting the thing. The applicant should specify their preference for the presentation of lightning. PGCG will attempt to comply – with limits – to these wishes (e.g., only part of the work will be exhibited due to its size). If the applicant has specific requirements (e.g., size of the pedestal, video, tablet), they must take care of it. PGCG will help them
- However, PGCG shall bear no responsibility if the work is not correctly displayed in the final assessment and the exhibition due to its complicated assembling/installing requirements.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER OF SLA 2022
- The final assessment will occur at Rosenberg Palace, Prague Castle, Prague 1, the Czech Republic, on September 27th, 2022.
- The official award ceremony – Gala Evening - will be on September 27th, 6 PM.
- Personal attendance is highly recommended!
- The opening of the exhibition will follow the Gala evening.
- All applicants (including the non-selected) will receive a VIP invitation for two persons.
- All the selected during the preliminary assessment and submitted on time and in good condition will be exhibited at the exhibition Stanislav Libenský Award 2022
- An exhibition catalog (Czech-English) will be published online or in hard copy, containing pictures of all the works selected during the preliminary assessment.
- The catalog will consist of the applicant's description of the work (artistic aim – annotation), technique, dimension, the photo of the applicant, and the outcome. PGCG may choose which image will be selected for the catalog and partially (mostly shortening) modify the text. The texts will be translated into Czech and corrected by a proofreader.
- Each applicant selected during the preliminary assessment will receive two free copies of the catalog.
MANAGEMENT OF WORKS DURING THE EXHIBITION
- The use of intellectual property rights is as follows: the organizer and other related public organizations shall be allowed free use of the intellectual property rights to the submitted works for public relations and exhibition purposes. It shall include free use of the proposed digital images for the exhibition catalog and other material that publicize the exhibition.
- The intellectual property rights to the submitted work reside entirely with the artist. No time limit shall be placed on such use of the intellectual property rights.
- The exhibited objects will be insured against fire, natural disaster, and theft, not against breakage.
MANAGEMENT OF WORKS AFTER THE EXHIBITION
- Specify whether you agree to sell your work or not in the Application Form. If a prospective purchaser of the work and the applicant have decided to sell their work, PGCG will sell the artwork after the exhibition at a retail price calculated based on the Artist's Price.
- In case of interest, the work can be moved after the exhibition to the premises of PGCG (the exact period will be specified in the contract). In such a case, a new License Agreement needs to be signed. The exhibiting space at the premises of PGCG is not as ample as the exhibiting venues. Therefore, not all objects can be exhibited there. PGCG may not accept some of the artwork for exhibition. If the work is not purchased during the show or the presentation at PGCG premises and the applicant does not request it to be returned, it can be donated to the permanent collection of PGCG. Therefore, on the assumption of such a case, be sure to specify your choice in the Borrowing Contract.
DE-INSTALLATION AND RETURN OF WORKS
- De-installation will occur after the exhibition's end directly from the exhibition venue on October 23rd, 2022, from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- If none above mentioned options (sold, exhibited in PGCG, or donated PGCG) apply - these works must be returned. Organization and payment of the transport back rely on the applicant.
- Repacking of the works will be entrusted to the official art specialists. If any damage is found in the object when the applicant receives it, the applicant shall contact the shipping company for negotiation, not PGCG.
- Conditions for return of works outside the E.U. - please, contact us individually!
COVID DISCLAIMERIn connection with the Covid 19 epidemics and related governmental measures, the organizer reserves the right to change the dates, program and competition conditions at any time. All participants are obliged to adapt to the current government measures. Thank you.CONTACTPrazska galerie ceskeho skla (Prague Gallery of Czech Glass)Petrohradská 216/3, 101 00 Prague 10, Czech RepublicPhone: +420 272101121Email: [email protected]* If the Author is selected in the preliminary assessment, this information will be published in the catalog and the exhibition itself.**The Author who provides photographs of their work or the creation(s) from their archive to the Prague Gallery of Czech Glass declares that s/he is the legitimate holder of the property rights to these photos. The author also states that he is entitled to provide rights to use the photographs - a license (especially for further distributing their print copies and communication of the photos to the public in electronic form). The author also provides free of charge rights to use pictures for the exhibition's catalog and other media presentations. In case the author does not have property rights and is not entitled to provide rights to use these photos, s/he is the one who is liable for the damage caused to the Prague Gallery of Czech Glass.